Nom

[OSRS] Mr. Angler - Fishing trawler | Minnows | Angler outfit | Heron pet | Buys paste

Nom   
2 minutes ago, nstickey said:

i understand that, but thats what i mean, i have 70 activity, then the last round about 2 minutes, its stops pasting completely, and doesnt click, and drop activity to about 20%

I still don't see the problem. When the minigame ends, as long as you have 1% activity it's fine.

Do you have bailing buckets? No matter the situation, it will bail if it can.

nstickey   
6 minutes ago, Nom said:

I still don't see the problem. When the minigame ends, as long as you have 1% activity it's fine.

Do you have bailing buckets? No matter the situation, it will bail if it can.

oh sorry then mate, that would be my misunderstanding, i thought you needed a minimal percentage to earn minimal loot.   works bloody effortlessly then haha

My script works great!  however, when the boat fills with water it does not return to filling leaks. continues to collect loot just fine after game ends.

edit: posted before reading all the other posts. apologies

Edited by tHudRobin

Nom   
7 hours ago, jelloman3000 said:

My script did not work well, got 1 game in and 4 inactive kicks

Try bot in offpeak. When it's crowded even a little bit of lag will make it fail a lot.

Make sure you have bailing buckets.

Nom   
2 minutes ago, Aaron Kimbro said:

does this still work? i just tried it and my guy sat idle doin nothing on the boat

Post the first 10 lines and last 10 lines of the log under Help>View log. 

Clear cache and restart twice.

44 minutes ago, Nom said:

Post the first 10 lines and last 10 lines of the log under Help>View log. 

Clear cache and restart twice.

cleared cache and restarted client multiple times, still the same issue, just sits idle, the red square shows were the bot should be clicking but it idles. 

1422 Hash: 078181232ceefbef69e46186c8a168341f4a6713 size: 335
1422 Select your game, then to play a script click Script > Play
1423 Starting MrTrawler
1423 The script will automatically stop after 4 hours. VIP subscribers and Premium scripts have no time limits.

this is all that shows in the log

Nom   
22 minutes ago, chris235352 said:

keeps asking to add comment on post for my minutes

Could you give some feedback on how the script is running? I've updated the message and the script will begin shortly after closing the popup.

The popup tells you how long you've been using it for, mind commenting that here as well?

Edited by Nom

7 minutes ago, Nom said:

Could you give some feedback on how the script is running? I've updated the message and the script will begin shortly after closing the popup.

The popup tells you how long you've been using it for, mind commenting that here as well?

bot works really well! it's gotten me 3/4 pieces with 324 min of use!!! Keep it up! 

Nom   
9 hours ago, nstickey said:

its a good script, got my low level account banned though, think it clicks too fast ? when found a hole and trying to get activity up.  great script though.

It needs to click that fast, others have complained it's too slow and misses it in the past.

It's generally suspicious if a low level does trawler since you need like 80 fishing to do minnows anyway.

D D   

Total runtime as of now: 367 minutes

The script is working ok right now.  I had some issues at first with it failing a lot, but I honestly think that was user error lol.  One issue I did run upon happened earlier, The game dialogue in chat said that a piece was in the net - however the piece was not retrieved, nor was it placed in my bank. So, technically speaking that's still leaving me at about 0/25 on obtaining Angler's Gear.  I'm not sure if this issue has presented itself with anyone else who has run the script, but I have just started setting it to "until pieces" : 1  to see if that has any effect on the way the code handles receiving one piece of gear in the net.  I've only had one failure today (and it was busy during that time, so it's understandable), other than that, and the piece not being retrieved the code seems to be running smoothly enough. I do find at some points   Not for lack of faith, but more for vigilance I have been spending this evening babysitting the script while it's been running ( and I have to say that Fishing Trawler is one of the most awful, painful, useless, zombifying, bull #### minigame in the history of minigames both within OSRS and the rest of the world as well  GOD AWFUL STUFF) .  Taking everything into consideration, and to give note of both scenarios this code is either SUPERFANTABULISTIC or PRETTY FREAKIN' AWESOME-ish.  

Scenario 1 (SUPERFANTABULISTIC) : After changing the settings - the piece retrieval fixes itself --- This means that I can confidently run this code, walk away and do what I need to do, and check it in a couple of hours to see if it bears fruit.

Scenario 2 (PRETTY FREAKIN' AWESOME-ish) : After changing the settings - the piece retrieval does not fix itself --- This means that when I have the time/patience to run this script and babysit it, I can just stop the script at the 1 minute mark and head up to make sure net stays fine til we land on shore again --> With the script stopped I check the net and loot what is HOPEFULLY some Angler Gear and a ton of valuable fishies, bank that bad boy and head back to the boat ASAP --> Go to lower deck, usually about 30 seconds left til departure then, and run a new instance of the script and simply hit play on the default settings.  This still saves me the trouble of wearing my finger out spam clicking and actually having to focus on this garbage minigame. I just simply need to be present in the same room and check the screen occasionally.

All-in-all I'd have to say that I'm pleased with this script , and I would definitely like to say thank you for making it and saving me from the need to go through this for minnows on my own. So you have my note on the potential bug, and I'll update to let you know if keeping it at "until pieces: 1" fixes the problem to help you debug that part if need be or if you're interested in doing so.

Also, for anyone looking through these to see if it is currently working, or if it is worth adding...

The answers are YES and OH HELL YES, respectively.

Edited by D D

Ackiees   

Have not been able to get it to work to save my life...2k paste with buckets filling out the rest of the inventory, tried on a world with only 200ish players online, lowered resolution...I cant make it past like 2 or 3 minutes to save my life lol

Nom   
1 hour ago, Ackiees said:

Have not been able to get it to work to save my life...2k paste with buckets filling out the rest of the inventory, tried on a world with only 200ish players online, lowered resolution...I cant make it past like 2 or 3 minutes to save my life lol

You're meant to play on the fishing trawler world.

Ackiees   
On 12/27/2018 at 3:59 PM, Nom said:

You're meant to play on the fishing trawler world.

Nom-san that is what I did at first...kept getting kicked for inactivity but I'll try it again now with more buckets and even the Trawler world should be TOO too busy right at midnight lol, I hope lmao.

nstickey   
On 12/24/2018 at 10:04 PM, Nom said:

It needs to click that fast, others have complained it's too slow and misses it in the past.

It's generally suspicious if a low level does trawler since you need like 80 fishing to do minnows anyway.

well i had 85 fishing, so  i have no idea what happened lol, either way it works well just have to occasionally get it started by clicking on a leak then it runs fine.

Ackiees   
9 hours ago, nstickey said:

well i had 85 fishing, so  i have no idea what happened lol, either way it works well just have to occasionally get it started by clicking on a leak then it runs fine.

I think if you spam click the bottom of the boat it may keep the activity up but no clue til I try it.