Sign in to follow this  
R2Pleasent

New Swapping Rate Calculator (OSRS - RS3 Gold) Thoughts?

Hey yall

Just wanted some feedback on a new tool that I have developed which automatically calculates the conversion rate between Old School RS Gold and Runescape 3 Gold.  It uses Bond prices on both games, by comparing their Grand Exchange value, to calculate the approximate exchange rate between the two games.  The underlying theory is that Bonds on each game are basically the same item, and since they are priced in both RS3 and OSRS Gold, we can calculate an approximate exchange rate between the two games.

Tool can be found here: http://runexch.com

It is usually fairly accurate for determining a fair swap rate, but sometimes it's a bit off vs. what Swappers on Powerbot are offering.  Any suggestions on how we could improve the swap rate calculation?  Are there any differences between Bonds in RS3 and OSRS?  From what I understand they both have exactly the same utility.  I have also thought of pulling the data from our spreadsheets on R2Pleasent.com to calculate the swap rate.  I think maybe a combination of the two could perhaps produce a more accurate swap rate.  It's a bit tricky though because RS3 GP prices can easily fluctuate 1-2 cents throughout the day, which compared to say a base price of 0.15 for example, is a 10%+ difference.  

Ben   

So swappers on powerbot and other sites where people sell GP are generally insane, like if you go to some fc ingame like prop swap and try to swap there you're getting at least a 10% better deal than anyone on powerbot because typically these people just want to turn a profit, and don't sell the gp due to their status ingame. It's actually quite disgusting what the likes of oakdice or arcus ect ask for in swap rates.

Miesha   

Never really looked at swap rates, thanks for this. Apparently I could have 26b on rs3. Jesus. 

This is useful for everyone, you should probably encourage it's use on multiple forums. Maybe it will bring some of the sellers swap rates down. Arcus offers me 4b less for my gold then what your swap rate says. So that let's me know i'm getting ripped off quite a bit of osrs gold. 

5 hours ago, Miesha said:

Never really looked at swap rates, thanks for this. Apparently I could have 26b on rs3. Jesus. 

This is useful for everyone, you should probably encourage it's use on multiple forums. Maybe it will bring some of the sellers swap rates down. Arcus offers me 4b less for my gold then what your swap rate says. So that let's me know i'm getting ripped off quite a bit of osrs gold. 

Awesome, glad you enjoy it, these rates are just guidelines, they may not be perfectly aligned with the black market prices.  However, I think they should be close enough that you can see when people are offering super low.

21 hours ago, Ben said:

So swappers on powerbot and other sites where people sell GP are generally insane, like if you go to some fc ingame like prop swap and try to swap there you're getting at least a 10% better deal than anyone on powerbot because typically these people just want to turn a profit, and don't sell the gp due to their status ingame. It's actually quite disgusting what the likes of oakdice or arcus ect ask for in swap rates.

Yes, ingame swappers can probably give better rates.  However, you may have a more difficult time distinguishing between legit trusted people in-game.  This tool at least gives you an idea of what you should be expecting.

11 hours ago, thectrlkey said:

scamming that 20k, im on to you bub
S3b9T3V.png

but this is good, it's easy to see what the rates are without anyone profiting

Lol, that 20K is the cost of running the site!  But real talk, hope you can find some use for the tool.  That seems to just be a rounding error, but not very significant.

Edited by R2Pleasent

Ben   
39 minutes ago, R2Pleasent said:

Yes, ingame swappers can probably give better rates.  However, you may have a more difficult time distinguishing between legit trusted people in-game.  This tool at least gives you an idea of what you should be expecting.

Same thing can be said about swappers on a site like powerbot. The fact is that the trusted people that have twitter accounts dedicated to their services have far better rates that it's not even comparable.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:08 PM, Ben said:

Same thing can be said about swappers on a site like powerbot. The fact is that the trusted people that have twitter accounts dedicated to their services have far better rates that it's not even comparable.

Right, fair enough.  Do you have a list of swappers that you could provide, that are in your mind legitimate?  I can take a lot at their Twitter / other platforms and attempt to pull some of their price data as well.

6 hours ago, Storm Fox said:

Big fan of this. I wanted to start swapping but i could never keep up with the rates. I'll be using this a lot

Awesome 🙂

3 hours ago, Pahy said:

This is really useful to find out if you can buy bonds for cheaper tbh, ty!

Hadn't thought about this, but yes it does track Bond prices so that is another use case.

Hey guys, looking for more feedback on this.  Adding some new features shortly, including a historic RS3/OSRS Gold Swap Rate Graph, and $USD/M via Bonds.  

On 5/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, Top Sales said:

I really like this tool, will be using this in the future!

Cheers, let me know how it can be improved!

Saad S   
On 6/29/2018 at 3:00 AM, R2Pleasent said:

Right, fair enough.  Do you have a list of swappers that you could provide, that are in your mind legitimate?  I can take a lot at their Twitter / other platforms and attempt to pull some of their price data as well.

Awesome 🙂

Hadn't thought about this, but yes it does track Bond prices so that is another use case.

I'll message you a few that actually have good rates.

Lamort   
On 6/29/2019 at 7:09 PM, Saad S said:

I'll message you a few that actually have good rates.

hey me too please!

I have 1:6.5 and 5.5:1 right now.

PM me if you have better please! Been looking for a while