Sign in to follow this  
Chris

New Feedback Rules (20/Nov/2017)

Chris   

In 4 days time a new ruleset will be adopted with regards to our feedback system. The current system is flawed and the community has wanted it to be changed for some time. Although almost every RuneScape market typically uses it. It creates the illusion of a perfect market, where everyone is happy. There is no real feedback to show how people really felt during their trade - just a log that shows a trade happened.

The current system

A user can leave any feedback, but the receiving user can dispute any feedback and get it removed 99% of the time.

The new system

All feedback options will be utilised, but must not be abused.

Positive may be left:

-Whenever you like. But typically when you have had a good trade experience, or good customer service.

Neutral may be left:

-When your service has not quite up to your standard, or incomplete. Perhaps it was delayed, bad customer service, complicated, or just not as good as you would expect.

Negative may be left:

-When your service was bad, or incomplete. Your service or order was greatly delayed with no explanation or communication, terrible customer service, scammed, the users action caused you great distress.

Please understand, your feedback should mirror your feelings from the trade. If you order was incomplete, but the customer service was exceptional - you can leave a positive (if you are happy). Just because it was incomplete does not mean you had a negative experience. It is your personal opinion.

The feedback dispute process:

If a feedback is deemed unfair by the receiver, they have 30 days to dispute it. Posting a dispute in the dispute section will start the process, and the user who left the feedback will have 24 hours to respond (or longer if they are slightly inactive). Their response is required to include justifiable evidence with regards to their feedback. If they left a negative stating "order was delayed by 5 hours, I lost money because of this!" - they are required to prove that the delivery was infact delayed 5 hours. This would mean they must show a stated delivery time or window given by the seller, and the actual time of delivery.

Disputing a neutral has the same process, but will not always required proof. Neutrals are very much just a users opinion, so if they state "delivery time was longer than expected" - this is based off of their personal opinion, not the given delivery time or anything of the sort. Neutrals are much looser, and are less likely to be removed under most circumstances.

So, please remember: if you leave a negative or neutral feedback - save proof of your reasoning for 30 days. Starting a private imgur album is a great way to do this without clogging up your PC with junk.

As this system is new we may tweak things, any changes will be posted here.

The new rules start 20th Nov 2017. Feedback can not be backdated - it only applied to future trades from that day.

Eldorado RuneScape Gold
No Lifer   

Kudos on the negative feedbacks system. The neutral feedbacks system however seems open to abuse & confusion currently, imo, due to the subjective portion of its wording. I'd highly recommend making things more objective.

On 11/16/2017 at 5:02 AM, Chris said:

Neutral may be left:

-When your service has not quite up to your standard, or incomplete. Perhaps it was delayed, bad customer service, complicated, or just not as good as you would expect.

"When your service has [was] not quite up to your standard"

As currently written this to me means that the service provider/trader defines their own standard. Is this the intention of the wording? If so, does this mean that the minimum standard (for a neutral) would vary between service providers? Are they expected to list out their 'standards' somewhere? 

"or just not as good as you would expect"

Does this mean that people should screen for customers from powerbot & have the ones from powerbot list out all of their expectations, if they wish to minimize the risk of taking reputation hit on here for not being as good as they expected?

Chris   
16 minutes ago, No Lifer said:

Kudos on the negative feedbacks system. The neutral feedbacks system however seems open to abuse & confusion currently, imo, due to the subjective portion of its wording. I'd highly recommend making things more objective.

"When your service has [was] not quite up to your standard"

As currently written this to me means that the service provider/trader defines their own standard. Is this the intention of the wording? If so, does this mean that the minimum standard (for a neutral) would vary between service providers? Are they expected to list out their 'standards' somewhere? 

"or just not as good as you would expect"

Does this mean that people should screen for customers from powerbot & have the ones from powerbot list out all of their expectations, if they wish to minimize the risk of taking reputation hit on here for not being as good as they expected?

"not quite up to your standard" and "service provider/trader defines their own standard" are the complete opposites

I am unsure of the confusion

16 minutes ago, No Lifer said:

no, it means do a good job and not a bad or sub-par one 

the benefit of real feedback is that you can actually learn from it rather than being told "wow 5 stars" even if you did a terrible job

Clarked   

it was hard enough to sell accounts on this site xD dead market cya. my thread just got locked, 2 fb off of req, 7 year member... lol. people will have 0 ambition to get enough feedbacks to sell their accounts on this site when there are other sites out there with 20x more traffic. myself im 2 fb off the req and im debating on whether or not i should even bother.

ill watch this blossom into a market of just a few(already established) vendors. they won't meet the variety/needs of the consumer, and that consumer will head elsewhere(this is already happening). make it easier AND safer to sell accounts and you will have a healthier market. maybe introduce a time/post restriction. 

I dont want to seem like a know it all, i know you guys are trying your best to implement a safe system. I just think there are healthier ways.

Edited by Clarked

Chris   
13 minutes ago, Arctic Cat said:

Can neutrals/negatives be left for people who claim "We sell the cheapest gold" or people who claim to offer a bunch of payment options but really there are only 1-2?

no your feedback should be pertinent to the trade you have had with them