RSGoldMine RuneScape Gold RuneScapeGoldMarkt RuneScape Gold OSRS Gold Probemas RuneChat RuneScape Games to win Coins and Gold
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

New account selling rules (20/11/2017)

Chris   

In 4 days time a new rule-set will be adopted with regards to account selling and buying. With the new rules we hope to see a reduction in scams, and a more transparent system where people are aware of the risks they are taking when both buying and selling an account. The accounts market is quite large, and there are lots of cases. We can not write a rule for every scenario, but hope to catch as many as we can - in as simple a way as possible.

The current system
The current system is.. quite unknown, even to myself after being admin for 7 years. It's handled mostly on the principle that if you sell an account - you're always responsible for the account. Every other situation is usually handled on a case by case basis, based on what the moderator deems fair.

The new system
Selling an account now requires 25 feedback, 95% of which must be positive or neutral, and 25 posts. The seller must have also been registered for atleast 1 month. Getting 25 feedback is easy, this is the idea. It's a deterrent for scammers. 25 feedbacks can be obtained very quickly if you're active in the community. Buying a signature, buying an avatar, buying gold, selling gold, doing quests for someone, getting quests done for you, getting levels done .. etc. You can obtain even more by using a middleman for each trade which would get you 2 feedback for everything you do.

Risks & Responsibilities for the seller:
Please note, you are considered the seller if you're selling the account. Whether or not you created the account is not relevant. If you don't want to be responsible for the account, don't sell it.

• You are responsible for the account. If the buyer claims they have lost access, you must recover the account for them, or reimburse them. There is a cut-off period, in which if you're unable to recover it and a lot of time has passed, you will be given a pass as it is assumed Jagex now sees the newest owner as the OO. There is no actual period, it is case by case and as deemed fair by powerbot staff.
  • If a dispute arises and the account is not recovered within 7 days you are responsible for any (proven) losses to items in the users bank if the pin was removed.
  • If you re-sell an account and it gets recovered, you are still held as accountable as the person you bought it off. You should dispute them, as your buyer disputes you.

Risks & Responsibilities for the buyer:

• You MUST set a bank pin with a 7 day removal period. Anything in your inventory is deemed 'unsafe' (you should bank everything before you log off).
  • If you decide to resell the account, you're seen as the seller and have all the responsibilities. The OO is not responsible for your sale.
  • Bans after the account sale are at no fault of the seller. This is a botting website, assume any and all accounts have been botted at some point in time - if you want peace of mind on a large purchase then request a MM to hold the account for X days before the trade takes place.

Risks & Responsibilities for account swaps:

• When you swap your account for another account. You are seen as the 'seller' for your account, and the 'buyer' of the account you receive. The risks and responsibilities for these roles is listed above.

Joint new rules:

• Both the buyer and sell MUST leave a feedback for the trade, even a simple "bought an acc" suffices. This will be enough proof to show the trade happened is a dispute arises.

Securing your (new) RuneScape account
Buying an account is always a risk. The creator, 99% of the time, can always recover it. Only buy off someone you trust, and always expect to lose the account, today, tomorrow, or next year.

Although you can never 100% secure the account from recovery from the orginal owner, There are other steps you can take to help lower your risk

• Enable Authenticator

this can be done in the account section on the rs home page.

Account -> Authenticator -> Enable Now

fc9ca76b5c7ff9061b8ce0e270ddab9b.png

Once enabled it makes it very difficult for anyone execpt the orginal owner to gain access to the account.

• Set a bank PIN

Talk to any banker across Runescape

select the options  "I'd like to check my PIN status" -> Set a PIN

4b237851735dd12eaa362dc6af6c9c01.png

If anything does happen to the account this will give you some time to try regain access before the hacker is able to steal all of your items.

• Gather information about the account.
  1. Ask the seller for as much information about the account as you can (creation date/country/internet service provider,Previous passwords).
  2. Change the password twice once you have access so you know 2 previous passwords.
  3. Talk to hans in lumbridge to confirm creation date.

If the account gets recovered there is a chance you can pass a manual recovery to trade over your gear & gold before the scammer is able to remove your bank pin

If the account gets locked you will have enough information to pass a manual recovery and unlock it. 

Misc Changes
Pictures of the lobby, and black marks are no longer required. But if the account has black marks, you must specify or optionally post a picture. If you do not, it is assumed it is clean.

As this system is new we may tweak things, any changes will be posted here. Also, we do not really buy or sell accounts - if anyone who is knowledgeable in this area wants to suggest any amendments to these rules, or additions, please do contact me.

The new rules start 20th Nov 2017. They can not be backdated - it only applies to future trades from that day.

Chris   
43 minutes ago, Icy said:

I feel like as it's almost impossible for a re-seller to recover the account, posting a dispute against him and not directly against the original owner is just creating an unneeded extra problem.

Your dispute is with whoever sold you the account, not the owner. If they resell it they are responsible for the account, if they are unable to accept that then they should not be selling the account. In turn they can dispute the person they bought it off.

Icy   
45 minutes ago, Chris said:

Your dispute is with whoever sold you the account, not the owner. If they resell it they are responsible for the account, if they are unable to accept that then they should not be selling the account. In turn they can dispute the person they bought it off.

I just don't see a situation where they wouldn't want to dispute the person they bought it off. But yeah obviously not always easy for the last buyer to know who that person is.

Edited by Icy

armislaf   

Big  -  for that idea...
I'am the new ( begginer ) at account selling, creating new ones and selling them, I don't have bad reputacion, and I don't have 25+fb at the moment, sold 2 account's already, 5 coming today, so that's really bad for me, I would really like to be account seller because I like that, I like other people trust
So.. I'am asking, that I could sell account with this FB, it will grow up fast, because if I couldn't, my FB will stay like that.
Thank you.

Chris   
1 hour ago, armislaf said:

Big  -  for that idea...
I'am the new ( begginer ) at account selling, creating new ones and selling them, I don't have bad reputacion, and I don't have 25+fb at the moment, sold 2 account's already, 5 coming today, so that's really bad for me, I would really like to be account seller because I like that, I like other people trust
So.. I'am asking, that I could sell account with this FB, it will grow up fast, because if I couldn't, my FB will stay like that.
Thank you.

The same rules will be applied to everyone, there will not be an exception for you.

32 minutes ago, Icy said:

Will you be closing all threads where people don't have 25 feedback or just preventing new threads from being created?

On 11/16/2017 at 3:32 PM, Chris said:

The new rules start 20th Nov 2017. They can not be backdated - it only applies to future trades from that day.

Basically, no new threads. Existing threads are okay.

Just now, Icy said:

So if someone with 1 feedback is running an account shop, they can keep their thread and add new accounts to it?

Good question.

The answer from my end is:

if they have listed accounts on it before the update, they can sell the listed accounts. Once those accounts finish selling, they will need to get 25 feedback before re populating there list.

If they have no listed accounts on it before the update, they must skip selling of the account till they reach 25 feedback.

We are banking on community reporting shops that do not meet the requirements.