Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Photo

New Skill: Divination

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic
  • Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Joined 09 June 12
  • Last active: Oct 20 2014 04:57 PM

Its Confirmed, one of the new skills is called Divination

Proof from RS Twitter

A268Ig6.png

One of the two new skills that will be released this year, is called Divination

Divination, taken from wikipedia

Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god", related to divinus, divine) is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual.

Proof: IGN article on RS3

http://www.ign.com/a...15008285d000010

Jagex has announced a new version of RuneScape is on the way, bringing a number of technological, gameplay and narrative improvements to the 12-year-old game. The company is currently targeting RuneScape 3 for release this summer, when a host of changes will hit the browser MMO's world of Gielinor. The most striking of these is undoubtedly the game's new look; since inception RuneScape has been implemented in browsers using Java, but once RuneScape 3 lands this'll be changed to HTML5, resulting in a very different RuneScape experience. The developer has announced three main areas it's tried to focus on in the biggest update to the game since RuneScape 2 launched way back in 2004. First up, the changes in tech, including the shift to HTML5, mean that loading times will be greatly reduced. From my hands-on time with the game, I can confirm they're pretty much imperceptible. But while other improvements include better draw distance, stronger lighting and shadows, there was one change that really startled me; I could see the sky for the first time. RuneScape 3 features a moveable camera that you can pitch as well as rotate, meaning you'll no longer be stuck with a bird's eye view if you don't want it. Additionally the audio has been redone, with the team hoping there won't be a single MIDI file left once the updated version launches. The second area of change is gameplay. While combat and the like has been tightened, Jagex has mainly focused on a popular quality of life request from players; customisable UI. All menus are fully flexible now, meaning they can be tabbed or reshaped, and eventually players will be able to share their setups with each other. Two new skills will also be added to the game; while one hasn't been revealed, the other, divination, will apparently play a key role in the latter stages of RuneScape 3's story. Which brings us rather neatly to the third area destined for improvement; narrative. RuneScape 3 will see the dawn of the Sixth Age in Gielinor. Guthix, the God of Balance and the first to arrive on Gielinor has died and, as a result, all the protective wards he placed on the world have gone too. This wouldn't be too much of an immediate issue if not for one thing; the other gods are returning, each keen to beat the world into submission and stamp their dominance across it. And so the stage is set for players to have a greater impact on the game's future. Jagex is keen for the community to drive changes in RuneScape 3; whereas older updates focused on disparate storylines, the onus from here on out will very much be on giving players the tools to "carve their names into the foundation stones of the game," according to design director Mark Ogilvie. It'll be up to players to decide which gods win and lose the battle for familiar areas through things like world events, the first of which will occur when the game launches, with others following roughly every three months after. Despite the changes, Jagex is quick to assert that all the old content will still be available and it'll be backwards compatible with legacy browsers. As is currently the case, no upfront downloads will be required, with the game being streamed as it's played. At the moment RuneScape 3 runs pretty seamlessly on Chrome, though Mozilla is close to ironing out the last few kinks causing issues in Firefox. The next version of Internet Explorer will also work, apparently. RuneScape 3 is targeted for release later this summer. To hear more about the game from the developers, as well as the possibility of console and tablet versions of the game, be sure to check back to IGN early next week.

Edited by 0, 07 May 2013 - 09:49 PM.

stealapurse
  • Restricted
  • 1360 posts
  • Joined 09 June 10
  • Last active: Feb 02 2014 07:14 AM

Jagex have already stated one is a production skill and the other is a gathering skill. How is Divination either of those?

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • Joined 07 August 12
  • Last active: Oct 31 2014 06:25 AM

Jagex have already stated one is a production skill and the other is a gathering skill. How is Divination either of those?

Where did they say that? QFC?

Both skills are related as they are all about lore and are supposed to follow the events after TWW (The World Wakes)

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 14 June 12
  • Last active: May 02 2014 03:32 AM

Both skills are related as they are all about lore and are supposed to follow the events after TWW (The World Wakes)

my mate did that quest for me ill read the quest guide to see on it

stealapurse
  • Restricted
  • 1360 posts
  • Joined 09 June 10
  • Last active: Feb 02 2014 07:14 AM

There's various threads about it in the future updates sub forum on the orsf's. this is just 2 of the threads 

16-17-680-63789322

16-17-500-64952243

Also Mod Mark talked to Runeshark about it in a podcast. 

Edited by 0, 03 May 2013 - 10:43 PM.

• Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Joined 09 June 12

Divination could be the gathering of knowledge? Im not sure, but it was said by Mod mark to the writer of that article.

Here's the twitter feed of the writer

rV2gciI.png

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Joined 20 February 11
  • Last active: Nov 20 2013 03:13 AM

You know, if "Divination" ended up being a constitution-lized prayer, I wouldn't be surprised.

In case noone knows what I mean, the "Constitution" skill used to be called hitpoints.

Tropik
  • Restricted
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 27 March 13
  • Last active: Apr 18 2014 02:41 PM

Well I definitily didin't expect a new skill to be something even close to divination

• Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Joined 09 June 12

Well I definitily didin't expect a new skill to be something even close to divination

I don't think anyone did

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 05 March 11
  • Last active: Feb 01 2014 03:43 AM

Is divination even a skill... the skill to predict...? Predict what lol, that I'm going to stay on 07?

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 13 April 13
  • Last active: Apr 05 2014 10:34 PM

What exactly would divination be used for in RuneScape?

I don't see how you can forsee thing in the future of RuneScape. :p

• Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Joined 09 June 12

Its Confirmed, one of the new skills is called Divination

Proof from RS Twitter

A268Ig6.png

• Sponsors
  • 9255 posts
  • Joined 28 July 10
  • Last active: Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Divination has nothing to do with prayer (@above). Prayer = Gods/Religion. Divination = Prediction/Foresight.

I have no idea how Jagex are going to implement this into RS though, perhaps new armours etc? Idk. 

• Members
  • 12180 posts
  • Joined 23 June 10
  • Last active: Nov 21 2014 04:19 PM

This is going to be altering.

• Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Joined 09 June 12

Divination has nothing to do with prayer (@above). Prayer = Gods/Religion. Divination = Prediction/Foresight.

I have no idea how Jagex are going to implement this into RS though, perhaps new armours etc? Idk. 

Most likely new armor/items for sure

Ascetic
  • Restricted
  • 2051 posts
  • Joined 09 March 13
  • Last active: Dec 06 2013 09:59 PM

sounds so boring :s

• Members
  • 868 posts
  • Joined 08 August 10
  • Last active: Aug 28 2014 06:23 PM

i think this will be more story driven considering they said in their monthly log that emissaries from the "gods" are coming and you will have to work to earn their favor 

• Members
  • 1998 posts
  • Joined 09 May 13
  • Last active: Yesterday, 09:00 PM

who cares what it called, just going to bot it anyways

Edited by 0, 09 May 2013 - 06:46 AM.

• Members
  • 2586 posts
  • Joined 06 June 12
  • Last active: Nov 22 2014 09:07 PM

who cares what it called, just going to bot it anyways

• Members