mycrayfish

Okay to bot after one year?

I recently got a moderate 48 hour ban for botting. I'm curious if after a year it would be okay to bot again after the offence has expired after a year? I know that its a guarantee that I will be banned before that.

Edited by mycrayfish

23 minutes ago, Mud_Kip said:

Nah powerbot = insta ban

Let me desagree with you. It always depends on how you manage the scripts and time

Mud_Kip   
33 minutes ago, Spearless said:

Let me desagree with you. It always depends on how you manage the scripts and time

I would have agreed with you awhile ago but literally ran a WC script on normal logs for a hour to test the waters. After quitting for almost 2 years.
Ran it
Logged it off to play elder scrolls online
tried to log it back in the next day and banned

Also seems like these forums are a ghost town compared to before. So it leads me to believe the botting scene has died just like the game has.

1 minute ago, Mud_Kip said:

I would have agreed with you awhile ago but literally ran a WC script on normal logs for a hour to test the waters. After quitting for almost 2 years.
Ran it
Logged it off to play elder scrolls online
tried to log it back in the next day and banned

Also seems like these forums are a ghost town compared to before. So it leads me to believe the botting scene has died just like the game has.

The introduction of OSRS has been a good improvement. There is a lot of people constantly online. 

The way Internet is used changed a lot too, forums are slowly dying

Mud_Kip   
4 minutes ago, Spearless said:

The introduction of OSRS has been a good improvement. There is a lot of people constantly online. 

The way Internet is used changed a lot too, forums are slowly dying

So is OSRS more secure when it comes to bans then? You didn't comment on the ban after a hour which was on RS3.

iDzn   
13 minutes ago, Mud_Kip said:

So is OSRS more secure when it comes to bans then? You didn't comment on the ban after a hour which was on RS3.

Forums might be dead but the client surely isn't.

Chris confirmed the other day that we get anywhere from 5k-15k unique users per day averaging around 7k.

Woodcutting is a very highly banned skill and if you were on a new account/not played on for long then it's almost guaranteed you'll get yourself a ban but due to your own choices not the script.

Mud_Kip   
9 minutes ago, iDzn said:

Forums might be dead but the client surely isn't.

Chris confirmed the other day that we get anywhere from 5k-15k unique users per day averaging around 7k.

Woodcutting is a very highly banned skill and if you were on a new account/not played on for long then it's almost guaranteed you'll get yourself a ban but due to your own choices not the script.

So you're here to tell me that this client is so detectable that it can't avoid a ban after running for a hour and its my fault? lololololol
Also jagex has the manpower to watch every new account made that woodcuts? There are some holes in your logic here hmmmmm

iDzn   
9 hours ago, Mud_Kip said:

So you're here to tell me that this client is so detectable that it can't avoid a ban after running for a hour and its my fault? lololololol
Also jagex has the manpower to watch every new account made that woodcuts? There are some holes in your logic here hmmmmm

No, woodcutting is heavily watched in general and so they have a lot of profiles for wc bots. 

When you Dont have your own play style because it’s a new account or you’ve quit for 2 years and you log on and match one of their profiles then you’re gunna get banned.

The client isn’t detectable as I use it as my default client even when I’m not botting.

9 hours ago, Mud_Kip said:

it's quite simple,

it's suicide to bot at mlm and certain spots on wc

certain places such as the previously mentioned have more active monitoring, by which I mean, real people frequently go through user pattern so as to check if the data is similar to that of a bot

this cannot be avoided from what I have seen for an activity if you go over an hour ( especially if you're already flagged )

that happens mainly because these things can have drastic effects on the game

afaik, pattern recognition of certain factors is used to detect bots, after which, they flag you for various tests followed by a ban

I would suggest mixing of activities