Chris

Bot Smart - What it is, and how to do it.

Pie God   

Awesome guide.

"9. On botting forums do not link directly to any Jagex websites, servers, APIs etc. Because if its direct linking to their server from ours or other botting servers, they will be able to archive cookies (or website data packets) from the linking site and possibly use this to run IP checks on characters. If you must link make it like this: http://oldschool(dot)runescape(dot)com/ (^ Don't ignore this, this includes links to the runescape forums).
>>9.1: Here on powerbot linking to the Runescape site is disabled which means on powerbot you do not have to worry about the (dot) in the URLs, although I would suggest doing it on sites which linking to the Runescape website is still enabled.

"
So if im in powerbot site I should not open any runescape sites ?

Levandis   

I know that I have written this too many times now but ... I was so close. We are missing something and I want to know what.

To be honest I had literarly no friends and I wasn't member of any clan. The less people you know the less people can report you. I botted smart. At least I thought so. Sometimes I would hop five times onto another worlds just to be sure that there is no one around me.

Doing same thing over and over again? I have about 150 QP but I got that more than a year ago. When I was botting (during those six months) I always choosed two skills and trained them. I did literarly nothing else.

What scares me is that I got 72 hours ban, What if you are right and it was autoban? I fucked up the last skill that I wanted to bot.

I know it is something else. I don't know what exactly but I am pretty sure that there is no such thing as a human like behaviour.

1. Good script (now "human like" mouse speed)

2. Avoid reports

+3. When the banvawe came they added something else. I have not botted since the roll-back.

I will get this max cape legitimately and then I will bot another account again and find out "how" exactly do I have to bot.

Good luck with that. They removed all data and the topics of all the bans. So now we get to compile everything again. The respected people on this forum won't even listen to me, but its easily to not get banned. I have found ways to decrease ban by just simple things. But yeah, don't count on not being banned unless you are proactive about it. 1000s of people are using ONE script. No shit people get banned! If there was a way to make some of those actions different while playing the script, your botlike behavior gets thrown out the window. Botting smart doesnt work anymore. if you are on and you are reported while botting, you are screwed. I have something that says hi to every single person approaching, while doing different movements/drops/clicks at random intervals that the script will not allow. And it is kicking ass baby!

I don't play RS anymore, but typically whenever I bot, I would always babysit. I only really botted while actually at my PC and I was doing coursework or something. I think that's the best way to go about it, so if something happens, you can always cover. Plus, it feels less like cheating if you're just avoiding some RS grind while doing some other IRL grind.

♢ For personal bots (botting on a main):
[spoiler]
General rule of thumb at the moment: Do not bot on an account you are not willing to risk losing. 

1. Never bot more than 6-8 hours a day and 3-4 hours in one instance. 

2. Take at least one full 10-12 hour break every day to make it seem like your sleeping (because what person do you know plays 24/7?)

3. Don't bot the same thing for more than a couple of days, switch up what and where you bot.

4. Don't bot in high ban rate areas, and don't use scripts with high ban rate (what is high ban rate? things that are common areas/bots that people get banned in/while using, like alching in the Pest Control bank or flax or woodcutting).

5. Never log into your main Runescape account on the same IP as ones that have goldfarming accounts on them (why? because this unmasks your main account and can mean Jagex can run an IP check).

6. If you bot more than 2-3 hours a day put all of your valuable items and gold on a "mule" or "bank" account until you are done botting (what is a mule/bank account? an account you have that you never bot on, so it should never get banned for botting. Do note though if you move a large amount at once it could be banned for real world trade).

7. Don't dress like a bot, have some armor or something worth something on (basically don't look like you just came out of Tut Island)

8. Play legit through Jagex's client for a couple hours a day, go questing, do some community events, or treasure trails, etc (just something a bot wouldn't be able to do).

9. On botting forums do not link directly to any Jagex websites, servers, APIs etc. Because if its direct linking to their server from ours or other botting servers, they will be able to archive cookies (or website data packets) from the linking site and possibly use this to run IP checks on characters. If you must link make it like this:

http://oldschool(dot)runescape(dot)com/

(^ Don't ignore this, this includes links to the runescape forums).
>>9.1: Here on powerbot linking to the Runescape site is disabled which means on powerbot you do not have to worry about the (dot) in the URLs, although I would suggest doing it on sites which linking to the Runescape website is still enabled. 

10. Go on your account sometimes and talk to some people or chat with some people in your friends list.
>> 10.1: Turn off all the chat options when you're botting so if you get banned you could just say "i didn't know people were talking to me" (remember that the mods and Jmods messages/PMs will always show up regardless of the settings).

11. Use good scripts with a lower ban rate. I would suggest checking out script threads before buying, go to the last page and see what people are saying if they said it hasn't been working/getting lots of bans in the last 2-3 days i would wait for when that script works again or just not use it if it has been producing a lot of bans. I would not suggest using free scripts on an account you care about as these are often very high ban rate.

12. Do not bot when the client is detectable, you can easily know if the client is detected if the client starts Runescape in safemode without you manually booting it in safemode.

>>12.1: The client is no longer detectable, read this thread for more information. 

13. Don't buy more than about 200m gold at one time to avoid flagging Jagex's trade analysis system. 
[/spoiler]

I clicked on this topic just so that I could tell you that everything you wrote is bullshit but you actually surprised me. You have like 3 usefull points. :p (3, 4 and 9)

Everything else is ... well ... bullshit. However the 10th one is the worst!

I got 20 skillcapes during six months botting 18/7. (using free scripts and cheapest training methods) Do you know why? Because I was not a member of any clan and I had literally no friends. 

People should decide whether they want to bot or play runescape. They can't do both.

- Maxing all skills takes tremendous amount of time. Don't waste your time playing runescape just so that you could find your account with quest point cape banned before you actually max out.
- Do NOT have any friends. Friends = possible reports. That is THE ONLY thing that used to get us banned. (today it is detectable client) Being a member of any clan is even worse idea.

And I am sorry but things like:

Never bot more than 6-8 hours a day and 3-4 hours in one instance. 

or

Take at least one full 10-12 hour break every day to make it seem like your sleeping (because what person do you know plays 24/7?)

Really? No one EVER confirmed this. That is just plain stupid. 

Edit: :D Digging through the thread I actually found out that I have replied here once. Anyway ... nothing changed.
Edited by GhostlyBot

"2. Take at least one full 10-12 hour break every day to make it seem like your sleeping (because what person do you know plays 24/7?)"

I know many people who do this. Other than that, Nice guide.

Do not bot when the client is detectable, you can easily know if the client is detected if the client starts Runescape in safemode without you manually booting it in safemode.

Is this legit?

Whats the point of  botting if the client gets you banned not the scripts =\

Edited by Tulpiukas

It should be early next year in around Jan time. And yeah it sucks ik how you feel lol i spent $55 on sponsor $10 on VIP and like $60 on scripts. lol gg me too

Fack! i spent like a shit ton on osbot and now all this regret, hopefully the clue scroll premium script never gets detectable.

yoyo0   

I have a question if i drop the money from the goldfarming accs and my main picks it up can jagex ever detect it?

xyrutano   

Are there any other tips to keep in mind while botting? I just came back to RS and botting to buy bonds consistently for a character of mine, but I usually bot for 30-90 minutes since i have the limit... then I usually talk to my clan or just go to g.e check some my flips and head back. Is that okay? I do play between each botting session doing stuff at GE usually. 

Any other tips you guys can provide? I've been using DQdivination and rtanner for short periods of time... Just afraid... I def am offline for atleast 10-16 hours tho

xyrutano   

Well the main thing i can stress is: do not bot on accounts you are not willing to risk being banned. 

Also divination is rather high ban rate :s

Well getting banned is whatever I havent played in years....

Why is divination a high ban?