Chris

[Video Tutorial] Introduction To RSBot Scripting (IDE set-up & your first combat script) ~ Video 1

Chris   

Please view the video in 1080p and full screen, else I doubt you will be able to read what is being written. But, do what you want.

In this tutorial we learn how to set up our RSBot project in IntelliJ IDEA, and make our first combat script (goblin killer).

RSBot docs
https://www.powerbot.org/rsbot/releases/docs/
Forum

https://www.powerbot.org/community/forum/58-resources/

https://www.powerbot.org/community/forum/9-developers/

IntelliJ

https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/#section=windows

JDK (64 Bit .. x64)

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

JRE (32 bit .. x86)

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Edited by chuckle
updated API link added /releases/

Chris   
Just now, thetaf said:

watched and already shown me so much  thanks @Chris Should do a series Combat , Skiling, Banking etc etc ;) 

I released another one which improves a little bit, and I will do another tomorrow I think just finishing it off (paint, banking, walking. letting the user choose settings)

thetaf   
Just now, Chris said:

I released another one which improves a little bit, and I will do another tomorrow I think just finishing it off (paint, banking, walking. letting the user choose settings)

Awesome mate. Can't thank you enough . Literally it's a bit more complex than when i used to Write them back in Early rsbot so i can start getting on with my own scripts now. 

Chris   
Just now, thetaf said:

Awesome mate. Can't thank you enough . Literally it's a bit more complex than when i used to Write them back in Early rsbot so i can start getting on with my own scripts now. 

The one I do tomorrow will hopefully make some things easier as I will introduce something I wrote last year to make walking super easy :)

Chris   
21 hours ago, thetaf said:

Nice ! Haha. Keep a look out for my scripts comming then ;) Shout out to you ha.

Zyxwvu   

Thanks, Chris! Just what I needed to get started. These will definitely be very helpful, and keep em coming. :)

Edited by Zyxwvu

Chris   
7 hours ago, Zyxwvu said:

Thanks, Chris! Just what I needed to get started. These will definitely be very helpful, and keep em coming. :)

No problem, I did the video to finish off the mining script but forgot to press record so hopefully I will get that done again this afternoon -.-

Zyxwvu   
14 hours ago, Chris said:

No problem, I did the video to finish off the mining script but forgot to press record so hopefully I will get that done again this afternoon -.-

Oh well, that must have sucked. Well hopefully, you'll get it recorded next time. No stress

Quick question. In the video you said to select the JagexAppletViewer.jar when configuring the run options. Well I've changed my cache folder to E:\ProgramData\Jagex and my user settings folder to E:\AppData\Jagex and yet the appletviewer does not exist in either folder. Do I need to run RSBot once for the JagexAppletViewer to be added there? Because I do not have a folder named "bin" in C:\Users\[user]\jagexcache only a folder named "runescape" then "LIVE" which holds the runescape installer

Edited by ThatBenderGuy

Chris   
3 minutes ago, ThatBenderGuy said:

Quick question. In the video you said to select the JagexAppletViewer.jar when configuring the run options. Well I've changed my cache folder to E:\ProgramData\Jagex and my user settings folder to E:\AppData\Jagex and yet the appletviewer does not exist in either folder. Do I need to run RSBot once for the JagexAppletViewer to be added there? Because I do not have a folder named "bin" in C:\Users\[user]\jagexcache only a folder named "runescape" then "LIVE" which holds the runescape installer

I believe you need to run the RS (legacy not nxt) client once for the appletviewer to get downloaded

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I believe you need to run the RS (legacy not nxt) client once for the appletviewer to get downloaded

How would I do that? I thought they nixed the ability to run anything other than the NXT client?

Chris   
Just now, ThatBenderGuy said:

How would I do that? I thought they nixed the ability to run anything other than the NXT client?

runescape.com/download scroll down to legacy under Other ways to play

1 minute ago, Chris said:

runescape.com/download scroll down to legacy under Other ways to play

Alright, also I noticed from doing a search the applet viewer exists in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\RSBot folder. Can that be used?

Chris   

Alright, also I noticed from doing a search the applet viewer exists in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\RSBot folder. Can that be used?

you can use that one, you can also copy it from there into your project folder if you wish to make your paths easier

Just now, Chris said:

you can use that one, you can also copy it from there into your project folder if you wish to make your paths easier

Alright thank you very much for the help :)

Chris   

Alright thank you very much for the help :)

OSRS is updating so if you're scripting for RS3 the videos should still be highly relevant as it is pretty much interchangeable in the sense that you can just change your imports to rt6 and everything should work with the exception of the inventory which becomes ctx.backpack I believe not ctx.inventory

Other than that change everything should be the same, but you have more tools to play with (such as those little tool things I forgot what they are called, the hotkey things)