Noodleking

[OSRS] F2P Lobster/Swordfish Fishing at Karamja

jake1997   

Ive been trying to get this to work all day today. I have the quest done and the required inventory but for some reason my guy isnt moving at all.

@jake1997 Could you be a bit more specific? Where do you start the script, what is in your inventory. The more info you give about your situation, the better I can tackle the bug (because then I know in what specific situation the bug occurs so I can remove it).

Broken for me as well

I have 2.5k, and a lobster cage in the inventory. Have only pirate's treasure done.  No matter where I start it the status is either Walking to Musa point or Fishing, both do nothing at all when the bot starts.

@caseyWYKA does it not work for you, even when you start the script when you stand above the deposit box? Does it walk, or nothing at all?

Try to be more specific about the situation guys. Where do you start, what is it doing, and what isnt it doing, just tell me everything.

Edited by Noodleking

54 minutes ago, Noodleking said:

@caseyWYKA does it not work for you, even when you start the script when you stand above the deposit box? Does it walk, or nothing at all?

Try to be more specific about the situation guys. Where do you start, what is it doing, and what isnt it doing, just tell me everything.

No matter where I start

Yes, I've tried various starting points. The statuses are different depending where I start it but with the same result, nothing happens. I recommend following your logic path after it determines it's state. I'm a CS student if you need any help, pm me!

18 minutes ago, caseyWYKA said:

No matter where I start

Yes, I've tried various starting points. The statuses are different depending where I start it but with the same result, nothing happens. I recommend following your logic path after it determines it's state. I'm a CS student if you need any help, pm me!

If I didn't know what I was doing I wouldn't be programming. Im just trying to be able to reproduce your situation, because it works perfectly when I run it. Just trying to find the problem, and logically it shouldn't be doing this, so thats why I askied to specify.

24 minutes ago, caseyWYKA said:

No matter where I start

TeamViewer?

Just now, Noodleking said:

If I didn't know what I was doing I wouldn't be programming. Im just trying to be able to reproduce your situation, because it works perfectly when I run it. Just trying to find the problem, and logically it shouldn't be doing this, so thats why I askied to specify.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, mistakes do happen as you and I know with our majors. 

Just looking through source code, logically there is where the program is stuck, I haven't done scripting on Powerbot for a good two or three years so I'm not too familiar with the API. But can you explain the logic of the if statement. if my animation is null or ____. What is the purpose of the time calculation

if(ctx.players.local().animation()==-1 || (System.currentTimeMillis()-Stopwatch)>180000) {

Npc spot = ctx.npcs.select().id(spotID).nearest().poll();

spot.interact("Cage");

Stopwatch = System.currentTimeMillis();

}

10 minutes ago, caseyWYKA said:

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, mistakes do happen as you and I know with our majors. 

Just looking through source code, logically there is where the program is stuck, I haven't done scripting on Powerbot for a good two or three years so I'm not too familiar with the API. But can you explain the logic of the if statement. if my animation is null or ____. What is the purpose of the time calculation

if(ctx.players.local().animation()==-1 || (System.currentTimeMillis()-Stopwatch)>180000) {

Npc spot = ctx.npcs.select().id(spotID).nearest().poll();

spot.interact("Cage");

Stopwatch = System.currentTimeMillis();

}

FailSafe...

Edited by Terminator1

Thats when you are fishing, the spot usually changes fast enough for you to now log out. However, sometimes the fishing spot stays on the same tile, and the player is fishing for a large armunt of time. Since there is no new input for quite a while, the user will log out. So if the timer exceeds 3 minutes, it clicks the closes fishing spot, regardless if the player was already fishing that spot.

Its not that its waiting 3 minutes to do something, but it does something after fishing for 3 minutes (because if you are doing nothing, the script will go in the statement regardless, since your animation will be equal to -1).

The weird part is that it isnt walking. It recognizes that you are supposed to walk to Musa Point, but for some reason, it isnt doing that. If you also tried starting at the fishing docks, its not clicking on fishing spots either, while its recognizing that he should. As you can see that either the animation should be doing nothing (== -1), or doing something 3 minutes in a row. If its not clicking anywhere, that would mean that he doesné go into the if statement, or he cant find a fishing spot. Both issues never occured in my tests, so its hard to find a fix.

5 minutes ago, Noodleking said:

Thats when you are fishing, the spot usually changes fast enough for you to now log out. However, sometimes the fishing spot stays on the same tile, and the player is fishing for a large armunt of time. Since there is no new input for quite a while, the user will log out. So if the timer exceeds 3 minutes, it clicks the closes fishing spot, regardless if the player was already fishing that spot.

Its not that its waiting 3 minutes to do something, but it does something after fishing for 3 minutes (because if you are doing nothing, the script will go in the statement regardless, since your animation will be equal to -1).

The weird part is that it isnt walking. It recognizes that you are supposed to walk to Musa Point, but for some reason, it isnt doing that. If you also tried starting at the fishing docks, its not clicking on fishing spots either, while its recognizing that he should. As you can see that either the animation should be doing nothing (== -1), or doing something 3 minutes in a row. If its not clicking anywhere, that would mean that he doesné go into the if statement, or he cant find a fishing spot. Both issues never occured in my tests, so its hard to find a fix.

Yes it's weird. Thanks for clarifying. Ill play around with it and see if I can get it working. 

7 minutes ago, Terminator1 said:

FailSafe...

It was just a question of clarification don't  give me that ... ish

Awesome! I noticed you added the swordfish option! Many thanks, you're the man!

I also noticed a new bug. Whenever I get a full bag of lobbies and I reach the Port Sarim deposit box. It doesn't click on the deposit box.. It just stands there so I have to do that manually now after each run. If I don't it will log out after some time.

austinc   

I seem to get stuck at the deposit box with the bot just standing there instead of banking the lobsters. 

Edited by austinc

45 minutes ago, austinc said:

I seem to get stuck at the deposit box with the bot just standing there instead of banking the lobsters. 

1 hour ago, PeppiSossi said:

Awesome! I noticed you added the swordfish option! Many thanks, you're the man!

I also noticed a new bug. Whenever I get a full bag of lobbies and I reach the Port Sarim deposit box. It doesn't click on the deposit box.. It just stands there so I have to do that manually now after each run. If I don't it will log out after some time.

Fixed,wait for the update.

Edited by Terminator1

45 minutes ago, PeppiSossi said:

How do I update it? If I don't, then the bug is still here..

Oops, seems like I spoke too soon. Thought they accepted my pull request, but they just commented on it. I already asked for a scriptwriter status so I could upload changes directly instead of waiting, but I haven't gotten any response to that yet unfortunately.