Sign in to follow this  
Chris

[OS] Path Generator

Chris   

Was working on a little walking related project yesterday and noticed how much I missed Mooky's path generator so I have created one to use.

Will only draw the last 4 tiles on the ground, and the last 10 on the map. I found that for long paths the drawing gave serious lag.

19WwEfC.pngbNeztCL.png

Won't this create a very predictable pattern for Jagex to catch you with if you use the same tiles for traversing every single time?

tbhizzle   

Won't this create a very predictable pattern for Jagex to catch you with if you use the same tiles for traversing every single time?

Im pretty sure the internals of the client add randomness when using a path, so it doesnt perfectly click those exact tiles

Chris   

Im pretty sure the internals of the client add randomness when using a path, so it doesnt perfectly click those exact tiles

I believe so if you're using path.traverse(), I don't think step does though - you should use .derive with step

I believe so if you're using path.traverse(), I don't think step does though - you should use .derive with step

How is this different than using findPath().traverse() ?  When I use that method, the script has an added bonus of waiting until you get near the destination tile to click the map again where as .step() repeatedly clicks the map until you reach your destination...

Edited by idiot box

sliske   

How is this different than using findPath().traverse() ?

findpath only works within the loaded region (~52 tiles away from your player in each direction i think)

this tool can create much longer paths

Chris   

How is this different than using findPath().traverse() ?  When I use that method, the script has an added bonus of waiting until you get near the destination tile to click the map again where as .step() repeatedly clicks the map until you reach your destination...

I wasn't meaning you should use step instead of traversing a path - I meant if you use step you should also use derive so it's randomized a bit

also you should know findPath won't work for longer paths like sliske says, and sometimes you specifically want to avoid things so you might take a longer route (find path will take the shortest)