Sippy

[OS] NoobCrabs

Feature Development  

780 members have voted

1. 1. Which feature would you like to see developed next?

• Potions
    • Proper support for ranging
    • Magic support
    • Target setting
    • Humanity/Anti ban

Sippy   

--- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR JAVA RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT, THE SCRIPT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE. ---

[OS] NoobCrabs

(under constant development, feel free to leave suggestions)

Version v1.24

Instructions for Use

1. Stand amongst crabs on either the left or right side.

2. Enable the script and select what health you want to eat at, if eating.

If not eating, just click start.

Features

Finished:

Seek out crabs hiding underground!
Stab any random crabs that are wandering around!
Eat food if you're a scrub and you get hurt, complete with GUI that has a slider on it!
GUI option to enable/disable killstealing!
World hopping when there are too many players or if someone shows up with a cannon! (Experimentalâ„¢)(includes Deadman)
Option in GUI to avoid the hobgoblin area - useful for pures!

In Development:
Banking (development will begin late October/early November)

Future:
Potions for faster XP
Proper ranged support (picking up arrows)
Magic support
Target setting (change combat stance when you hit a goal)
Humanity (check skills and quests at random)

Got a suggestion? Post it here!

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Progress Reports

Progress reports are saved when you stop the script, and can be found in;

(Windows)

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Temp\RSBot\83838-NoobCrabs

(OSX)

$TMPDIR\RSBot

Click to view progress reports

[spoiler]

FTQNyCJ.png

8e7f708c983f1a0e31fae4766f0ffb80.png2b297ad1ffa9449b094d24f4d86797c0.pngAej2tCw.png

B04raTa.pngqfHjgwg.pngFRpshKg.pngb2YyUj3.pngLbGE5Tz.png

ePWJivY.pngNNwR1Ws.pngFotgpYc.pngcrvY4Dl.pngpOpm2DL.png9uVuYBp.pngzibk7mH.pngSkchAvM.pngWt88osQ.pngdXJkfls.pngWEWQutY.png

Y9vY7KM.pngAqqQAe4.pngeXgzNzn.pngTqq9MW2.png

SYlGE2L.png9uVuYBp.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by Sippy

TheCodeh   

Using it now. Much better than OSCrabber. OSCrabber was bad about running left and right all the time, even when you already had crabs attacking you, and sometimes even running out of range to reset their aggression while being attacked. Like that made any sense.

This script looks more like a regular player. Standing still, fighting, occasionally moving around when needed. Good job.

Sippy   

Thanks both :)

I have some updates to release with regard to when the script will decide to attack a crab that's already unearthed, to make it less aggressive in terms of KSing other players. I'll likely add a flag to the GUI that allows the player to choose whether or not to give a shit about KSing.

Using it now. Much better than OSCrabber. OSCrabber was bad about running left and right all the time, even when you already had crabs attacking you, and sometimes even running out of range to reset their aggression while being attacked. Like that made any sense.

This script looks more like a regular player. Standing still, fighting, occasionally moving around when needed. Good job.

Could you do me a favor and upload your progress report when you're done? :)

Edited by King_Noob

Mookyman   

Update: version 1.11

New feature: Option to enable or disable kill stealing from the startup GUI.

Gratz on release mate, may have to test it later today!

Sippy   

8e7f708c983f1a0e31fae4766f0ffb80.png2b297ad1ffa9449b094d24f4d86797c0.png

Nice one, cheers bud.

Gratz on release mate, may have to test it later today!

Edited by King_Noob

Sippy   

I can't find this on the SDN, can you give me a direct link? Not sure why I can't find it haha

It's probably because of a bug that the site has. If you're on windows, use CTRL+F5 to hard refresh the page. On mac, Cmd+R.

Edited by King_Noob

TheCodeh   

It's probably because of a bug that the site has. If you're on windows, use CTRL+F5 to hard refresh the page. On mac, Cmd+R.

This. I couldn't find a couple of scripts and did this (I think it clears cache? idk) and they showed up.

Sippy   

This. I couldn't find a couple of scripts and did this (I think it clears cache? idk) and they showed up.

That's correct, yeah. In Coma's words, that page is being cached very aggressively and should refresh every time the SDN is updated (which is every time a developer uploads and refreshes their scripts), but it doesn't update due to a caching bug, meaning users have to hard refresh that page at the moment to see script changes.

TheCodeh   

That's correct, yeah. In Coma's words, that page is being cached very aggressively and should refresh every time the SDN is updated (which is every time a developer uploads and refreshes their scripts), but it doesn't update due to a caching bug, meaning users have to hard refresh that page at the moment to see script changes.

They should make a public thread or announcement somewhere to let people know that.

Sippy   

They should make a public thread or announcement somewhere to let people know that.

Prolly. The bug is probably relatively small, just no one got round to it yet.

TheCodeh   

Wouldn't recommend for pures. Dead the first 25 minutes because my pure went and aggroed 2 hob goblins and didn't run away.

.... You don't kill crabs on that side.

Sippy   

Wouldn't recommend for pures. Dead the first 25 minutes because my pure went and aggroed 2 hob goblins and didn't run away.

Why would you put a pure on the left side ... I can add running away from them .. 

Did you have food? If you don't use food and you're a pure, do the smart thing and go on the right side. Without food you're gonna die pretty fast even with running away set up.

Edited by King_Noob

SoulFury   

Why would you put a pure on the left side ... I can add running away from them .. 

Did you have food? If you don't use food and you're a pure, do the smart thing and go on the right side. Without food you're gonna die pretty fast even with running away set up.

The right side was full, and after hopping a few worlds I kinda gave up lol. I thought I would be safe if I left it on the bottom side since there was a couple of crabs to choose from, but I guess my impatience killed me. 

Would be great if this supports arrow picking, probably a deal breaker for a lot of people. And as always thanks for the free script.

Sippy   

The right side was full, and after hopping a few worlds I kinda gave up lol. I thought I would be safe if I left it on the bottom side since there was a couple of crabs to choose from, but I guess my impatience killed me. 

Would be great if this supports arrow picking, probably a deal breaker for a lot of people. And as always thanks for the free script.

Ooo good idea.

I'm thinking about adding an option for pures in the GUI, so the bot knows not to go anywhere near the hobgoblins on the left side. Would you say that's a good idea?

Either that, or I can detect if someone's a pure, but I'm not sure of the criteria involved in making something a 'pure', maybe you can help me out.

Edited by King_Noob

SoulFury   

Ooo good idea.

I'm thinking about adding an option for pures in the GUI, so the bot knows not to go anywhere near the hobgoblins on the left side. Would you say that's a good idea?

Either that, or I can detect if someone's a pure, but I'm not sure of the criteria involved in making something a 'pure', maybe you can help me out.

Probably an option to run away when hobgoblins is attacking you would work fine, but your idea should be perfect for 1 def pures(stay away from the top part, big no no). The script looks like it does well, and imo it is just missing one crucial feature for rangers which is arrow picking. Glad you're taking the time to listen to us noobs who can only leech off your free time and work, wish you all the best with your future scripts.