Sign in to follow this  
Chris

How do I open, and use, RSBot?

Chris   

Requirements:

• Java (MacWindows, Other) (For windows you need Windows x86)
  • The official RuneScape client (runescape.com/oldschool/download)  -  you need the OSRS client regardless of which game you play
  • RSBot (Mac, Windows, Other)

Once you have all of the above (Java and the RuneScape client require you to install them), run the official client atleast once. Now you should simply be able to double click the RSBot file you downloaded in step 3. If this is not the case, read on.

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
When running the application on Windows 10, you may receive a warning from "SmartScreen" saying it prevented the application from running. To continue running the application:

• Click the "More Info" option
    •  
    • jR5aF8J.jpg
  • Click the "Run Anyway" button
    •  
    • lkG5UeY.jpg
  •  

Mac OSX 10.8(+)

"RSBot is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash". For now, please use the Universal/Other download option. Once downloaded, simply right click and press open.

If RSBot is still not opening:

then this issue is can likely caused by not having Java installed, or installed but misconfigured. This can be fixed by following these steps:

• Uninstall all versions of Java that you have
  • Restart your computer so it can finish uninstalling
  • Download and install the latest Java version
  • Restart your computer to update your environment variables

*If you don't have a java version in here then please navigate to  C:\Program File\JRE{version}\bin\ instead

Chris   

How to add scripts to RSBot?

Requirements:

[hr] 
There is just one thing to note when adding scripts, which is the game type that you are looking at. If you want to bot on OSRS then you will need to select OS, otherwise select RS3 for RS3 and DarkScape scripts.

• Click the game type at the top (RS3 | OS)
  • Click the 'add' button next to the script you want to use

[hr] 
Can't add scripts?
Not to worry. Make sure you sign in (top right of the page), if it logs you out again automatically follow these steps

• Login

If the issue persists you should use a different web browser, we like to recommend FireFox.

Mooshe   

Hi, I have downloaded rsbot and 'added a script'. Each time I click on rsbot it takes me straight to the new one instead of the old. How do I change this so it goes to the old school? Also once in game how do I use a script? I'm a noob at this so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1. Create a new text document in the same folder which has your RSBot file.

2. Copy + paste this:

@ECHO OFF
java -Dcom.jagex.config=http://oldschool.runescape.com/l=en/jav_config.ws -jar RSBot.jar
exit

3. Save as "RSBot OS.bat", with "All (*)" file extension selected.

4. Rename RSBot-7020.jar to RSBot.jar

5. Double-click RSBot OS.bat

1. Create a new text document in the same folder which has your RSBot file.

2. Copy + paste this:

@ECHO OFF
java -Dcom.jagex.config=http://oldschool.runescape.com/l=en/jav_config.ws -jar RSBot.jar
exit

3. Save as "RSBot OS.bat", with "All (*)" file extension selected.

4. Rename RSBot-7020.jar to RSBot.jar

5. Double-click RSBot OS.bat

thank you very much for your speedy response. I will get straight to this.

Edit: As I am on mac I do not have the option to select the file extension as "All*". Is RTF okay or not?

Edited by roflmerchant

Mooshe   

thank you very much for your speedy response. I will get straight to this.

Edit: As I am on mac I do not have the option to select the file extension as "All*". Is RTF okay or not?

ah, then for a mac it's different. You can launch it from the terminal.

1. Move RSBot.jar to your desktop

2. Press ⌘ + Space

3. In finder, type "Terminal", and open up the terminal

4. When the terminal pops up, type cd ~/Desktop/

5. Now type this:

I have not been able to run the client since making my account. whenever i got to (script) and click (play) the login menu appears. i type in my account name and password and it always says incorrect. I have tried both acct name and email but neither work. Does my account need some sort of verification before i run my scripts? Also when i click (get Pin) i gecieve the pin and type it in but the button still says (get pin) not login

Thanks

-Wes

Chris   

I have not been able to run the client since making my account. whenever i got to (script) and click (play) the login menu appears. i type in my account name and password and it always says incorrect. I have tried both acct name and email but neither work. Does my account need some sort of verification before i run my scripts? Also when i click (get Pin) i gecieve the pin and type it in but the button still says (get pin) not login

Thanks

-Wes

the pin is instead of your password